We are YOUR Lane Series
Thank you so much for joining our family of supporters, whose contributions are integral to helping us achieve our mission of bringing a unique combination of arts, education, and culture to the community. Your Annual Fund contributions have made the following important Lane Series outreach activities possible:
- Free tickets for disadvantaged community members through our ARTIX program
- Masterclasses with world-class musicians for young and developing performers
- $10 Student Rush tickets for ALL students
- New and continuing initiatives like the UVM Film Series
- An expanding outreach schedule, including many educational activities such as pre-concert lectures, classes, discussions, and seminars with artists
- Post-concert receptions that include an opportunity to meet the artists
- Free mini-concerts around town and campus
Ticket sales and the endowment created by the Lane family 59 years ago have never covered all of the costs of a Lane Series season and the important extras listed above. The Lane Series has never been supported by the UVM General Fund.
2013-2014 Season Highlights
Piano: Featuring the gold (Vadym Kholodenko, Ukraine), silver (Beatrice Rana, Italy), and crystal (Sean Chen, U.S.A.) medalists from the 14th Van Cliburn International Piano Competition.
Call us for a brochure or visit our website.
Chamber Music: A Far Cry Chamber Orchestra with clarinetist David Krakauer, Imani Winds, ETHEL, Hugo Wolff Quartett.
Jazz: Hot Club of Detroit, Gryphon Trio and Patricia O’Callaghan
Folk/Traditional/World: April Verch, Martha Redbone, Wendy MacIsaac and Mary Jane Lamond, Fatoumata Diawara, Danú, Kobo Town, The Teetotallers, Gabriel Kahane and Rob Moose
Vocal Ensemble: A Holiday Concert with Lionheart, Nordic Voices
University of Vermont Lane Series
460 South Prospect Street
Burlington, Vermont 05401