UVM ALUMNI ASSOCIATION | UVM.EDU

Give Today
UVM Foundation Logo
The 2014 Celebrating Excellence Awards Ceremony

FOUNDATION NEWS

$1 Million Gift from Alumnus Is First Major Private Gift to UVM’s STEM Project
Project will transform UVM's Central Campus in the coming years

$5 Million Tarrant Foundation Gift to Spur Expansion of UVM Program
Bringing technology-rich teaching to Vermont middle schools

#MoveUVM!
See all the videos from the Move-In Day Challenge

UVM Foundation Sets New Fundraising Records in Fiscal 2014
New commitments over $55 million for the first time in UVM history

Substantial Gift Will Restore Historic Buildings and Expand Programs at UVM
$5 million ensures restoration of two Victorian-era jewels

Gift Will Add Classrooms and Studios for the Visual Arts at UVM
$2 million to transform Burlington’s Elihu B. Taft School

MORE NEWS >

FEATURED VIDEO


UVM Alumni House Groundbreaking

THE STEM INITIATIVE

An Essential Promise

The University of Vermont’s largest-ever capital project will bring a state-of-the-art complex of labs, classrooms and research facilities to campus starting in 2016 and establish a promising new academic and economic development vision for UVM.

The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Initiative is a $100 million project that will match employers’ growing need for skilled graduates with the increasing numbers of STEM students attracted to UVM. The STEM project’s new construction and renovation will total more than 250,000 square feet.

“As Vermont’s premier public research university, we have an obligation to step up – and we are both prepared and excited to do so,’’ Provost David Rosowsky told UVM’s Board of Trustees in early 2014, shortly before they granted preliminary approval to issue bonds paying for 75 percent of the project. The remaining 25 percent will be raised through gifts from donors. “We must commit to making UVM a comprehensive, engaging, compelling and impactful public research university.”

MORE >